Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend FULL of activity!

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend and was able to be outside to bask in the beautiful weather the Lord delivered. We had so much fun up at the cottage. We were able to soak up the sun, fill our bellies with yummy food, laugh by the fire, sleep in our comfy beds (yeah right), celebrate Abby's birthday, celebrate Lily's first tooth! (I know, I am as shocked as you are) and even visit the ER for stitches!







Grandma and Abby testing out their comfy pull out bed...









Abby gathering rocks along the shore...
Abby and Aunt Tami headed down to the lake for a redneck shower...




Abby cashed out after a long day playing...











Since Abby turns 3 years old on Sunday the 7th we decided to celebrate while the whole family was together...




Here is a picture Abby took of herself this morning... she is obsessed with her new boo boo. Yesterday after returning from a store run with Ryan Abby came running in the door, tripped over a pair of shoes and fell head (well, forehead) first into a metal bar stool. After a few panicky moment and fearful thoughts we talked to Abby's doctor who was on call this weekend and he suggested we take her to the ER in Holland when we got home... so Tami and I headed their with her last night and she was such a trooper. She NEVER cried... the doctor gave me a cotton ball with some numbing cream on it that I had to hold in place for 30 minutes, then he came in and stitched her right up. She never moved a muscle.... The nurse said they have 10 year olds that don't do as well as she did. Even though sitting through stitches maybe a talent for Abby, we are praying we can steer clear of the ER for a while!



Here is a picture of Lily with Auntie Jan (who by the way has a broken elbow and is in a sling). Lily was able to take a break from gnawing on Jan's hand for a deer in the headlight type picture. Lily was 5 months yesterday and she has cut her first tooth! That was not even on my radar... Abby didn't get teeth until 7 months....

Even after all this excitement... Ryan and I still took time out to commemorate this weekend with a picture by the lake. I am truly shocked that either on of us can muster the energy to even smile! :) But the Lord is good and we are thankful for our family and the time we could spend together.

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a fun weekend! Very nice pictures...I especially love the one of Abby and I where I look like a MOOSE. Thank you for posting that. :)
I am so glad Abby is ok. If you ever need me to join you in the ER again I am willing. As long we have Boyd...

Val said...

Oh good heavens!! Thats all I can say. Oh, and I think you should name the dog Hogan. I kind of like that hogan/brooke show a lot???!!