Monday, August 4, 2008

Hugging my girls extra tight today!

I didn't get much sleep last night... there were an array of reasons why... too hot in our bedroom, Ryan snoring, Lily waking only to babble, coo, and giggle, but mostly the heart ache for the family that just lost their little girl when she drowned in Hutchins lake. It was almost as if Lily woke up because she knew that I needed to hold her, kiss her, and be with her. It has always been taught to me (and for good reason) that when you cannot sleep, it is the Lords way of telling you that you need to pray for something.... I did that. I prayed for the Busschers, for the pain that they must be feeling. I am not sure if this is hitting me extra hard because I am a mom or because I had the realization that just weeks ago this could have so easily been a scenario that played out in our family. I am sure it is both. I try to remember that my children are on loan from the Lord. He has entrusted them to Ryan and I only for a short time. The moment can come in an instant.... So I am going to cherish the 2am feedings that have just returned, the cranky toddler that pushes me to the limit most days, the mass chaos that unfolds when I have to brush her hair, the piles of dirty clothes that accumulate because "I peed in my pants mom!" And hug my girls extra tight today! Please pray for the Busscher family.

2 comments:

Val said...

You said it! Even Dan has been hugging the girls a little more and a little tighter this weekend!! See ya tonight, as long as I can dump my kids off somewhere!! :0)

Val said...

Okay, that comment sounded bad, I am talking about hugging them and then about dumping them off!! I really do love them!!!!