Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fiber 1...

I am a BIG fan of the Fiber 1 granola bars that are on the market. Not only are they good for you, but they are recommended by Oprah's dietitian/trainer Bob Green... yeah like that means anything. Anywho, they taste delicious and are an easy snack while I am nursing, cleaning, or sitting on the John. Oh give me a break.. you all have done it! I was elated to find that Fiber 1 has a new cereal out now! I clipped my little coupon and got the $4 box for less than $2 and filled my bowl... It was so yummy I decided to have another helping. Yeah I know, Bob Green would say it is all about portion control, but look people I am nursing and that girl literally sucks the life out of me! While I was finishing up my second bowl I took notice of the Fiber content... 8 grams per 1 cup serving (double that of a bar)! I am sure I ate at least 2 cups! Yikes! If you know fiber like I know fiber, it is its job to "clean you out"... well, later that day while driving around like a maniac to get my errands done before I was out of fruit snacks for Abby the FIBER kicked in. Flatulence zone... BEWARE! Abby, not holding anything back started gagging and said "Mom, did you toot or did Lily have a blow out?" Poor girl! I assured her it MUST have been Lily. And she responded with her hand over her nose, "Mommy you tooted a big one like daddy!" BUSTED big time.
While I was excited about my stellar deal, this cereal has permanently been eliminated from my grocery list!
How sad that my life has been reduced to blogging about my gas! Toot toot!

4 comments:

Val said...

oh my word, yeah you so want to eat that in little bits!! I love the cereal but it helps to swallow a Beano before you eat it!! Man, are we getting old!! In your next blog maybe you can write about how after you have a baby and you sneeze or cough, you can pee in your pants! Thats a great one!

Tami said...

Okay even though I have heard that story before I am still crying because I am laughing so hard. I am so glad you shared it. Anyone who has ever tried the "fart" bars can totally relate!

Deb said...

Thank you SOOOO much for this - it gave me a much needed "laugh-out-loud" moment. Hilarious. Love ya Abby! Oh, P.S. I love those bars, too. Yummy!

Beck said...

I hope you're okay with me sharing this story. I have been laughing to the point of snorts for days. You rock.