Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 1

Here I sit in front of the computer, with a cup of coffee! My reward for dragging my rear out of bed this morning and hitting the pavement!

Last week was a good week. I got up Monday, Wed, Thursday and Saturday and took my pre -planned route through the neighborhood. Dyson has also mapped out "his area" which happens to include a gigantic dump on the lawn at Maplewood Church (3 blocks into our route). It is hard enough to run, hold the dog, and look in people's windows, without having to hold a bag of steamin dog poop. (I am not creepily looking into windows, just helps me keep my mind of the agony of exercise). Anyway, so now I pick up the poo in my little baggy and stash it near the scene of the crime so I don't have to carry it the whole way, then I swipe it on the way home. Tricky I know!

Most mornings were freezing, thanks to this lovely state we live in, but I found the "fellow runners/walkers" to be very supportive of my effort. Effortlessly saying "good morning" while I TRY to muster up enough O2 and vocal chord to even grunt "mornin'". Now they just wave a hand instead. I think that is considerate!

The eating has not been as challenging as I thought it would be. I tend to eat much better on the days that I work out. I work too hard to sabotage my cold morning, dog poop carrying, lung puking workout on a nasty stale PBJ. We even went out for dinner for my birthday and I got a SALAD for goodness sakes. I have not been snacking after dinner time, and if I do, it is a yogurt or some cheese.

So I stepped on the scale this morning and I lost a WHOPPING...... 1/2 of a pound! Yep, not even a full pound. Just a half! I have to tell you, that was so disappointing. Had I weighed myself before my workout, I can assure you, I would have crawled right back into bed....

Week 1
Pounds lost- .5
Pounds lost to date- .5
Pounds to goal- 29.5

Better luck next week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Stephanie. You will be my inspiration. I have also been trying (and failing miserably) to lose weight. I am going to follow your blog and hopefully that will motivate me.

The Disselkoen's said...

Keep it up! After reading your blog last week, it got me motivated to keep up on my running and workouts. I did good and then it snowed yesterday and decided that I was not going to go and run. Reading your blog helps me, so keep it up! We miss you guys!

Tami said...

You go girl! 1/2 pound is still good at least your scale is going down instead of up like mine.:)

Unknown said...

...enjoyed the post as I shove down my 2nd donut only after a huge order of seaseme chicken from china kitchen while still digesting #11 at McDonalds in which the drive-thru cashier states, "It's nice to see you again."
...I'm off to wheel down the hall and throw a tennis ball for Delsie...hope my arm can handle it.