Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Did someone say Tylenol???

Ok. here is is... plain and simple... you are all my accountability partners! Since Ryan and I were married 6 years ago, the scale has added more than the "freshman 15". I lived with the lie that after kids, breastfeeding would just melt the weight off! That does not hold true for me! Lily is still nursing and more than a few pounds have made residence in my hip and rear area! SOOOO, I have decided to get MOVING! I am getting up 4 mornings a week to go running with my dog. We get up before the sun is up (which I prefer so nobody sees me waddle down the street). I have plotted out a route that is almost 2 miles. We have made the same run 2 times this week already. I decided to do the same route for a while until I build up some endurance. That way if I am not back by the time Ryan leaves for work, he can tell the paramedics where to bring the oxygen tank!

I have listened to several of my friends and family tell me the LOVE to workout and they just can't get enough of it. Well my friends, I have a feeling that "feeling" will never come to me. Truth be told, I hate exercising. When I was in high school I played a team sport every season so I was able to stay fit without feeling like I was exercising. So now as I move into my early adult years I am finding it a necessity to stop waiting for the burning desire to go run and just DO IT! So here I am putting it in writing, telling you, to hold me accountable.

Here are my goals:
Run with the dog 4 mornings a week. Monday, Wed, Thursday, Saturday
Make smart choices about the food I put in my mouth. (don't just eat the remainders on Abby's plate just because I don't want to throw it away)
Lose 30 lbs by July17

There it is. Once I hit "Publish Post" I am stuck... there is no turning back.

My goal is to blog every Monday and share my weeks progress/struggles.

Hope you all have a nice day! I am going to take some Tylenol and ice my knee!

7 comments:

Tami said...

You can do it!! I look forward to seeing your strut your stuff in a BIKINI at Big Star as I sit in my moo-moo on the beach.

Beck said...

Gutsy mama! Hats off for running... tell me how it goes! Also, what's July 17th?

Kim said...

You and me both sister...I could go for thirty pounds myself!

Val said...

Oxygen tank....ha ha ha ha!!! That is fricken hilarious!!! I know you can do it but I love you just the way you are, absolutely beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

laughing at tami's comment...
but in awe of your discipline!
YOU GO GIRL!

Stephanie said...

Becky and Holly- Put the coffee pot on... never know when I may stop by for a caffine pick me up! Or Holly's wheelchair! ;)

Stephanie said...

PS. July 17 is the day we leave for our annual Big Star Lake vacation!