Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Almost fearful to put it in writing!

Yep. I locked the kids in the car again today. Call it absent-mindedness, call it going crazy, call it being blonde.... but whatever you do, please don't call Child Protective Services! I was picking Abby up from school this morning, and I actually got there early and had a chance to roll down the window and chat with one of my jewelers. When the kids got released, I just left the car running and met Abby at the door. Upon our return to the car, I realized all the doors were locked and Lily and my every- other- Tuesday -son, Hudson were strapped securely into their car seats in A LOCKED RUNNING VAN! Seriously??!? How did that happen? After frantically checking all the doors I rounded the back of the van and locked eyes with my dear friend (who also happens to be one of Holland's finest) Shaun, and he suggested that I call Tulip City Towing, which I did, and they came, and they unlocked my van.... again. I was so thankful that Shaun sat there and waited with me just in case... but also that it looked like I was chatting with him and not waiting around for a wrecker to come release my kids! ;) I stopped at Ace hardware and picked up a hide-a-key so this shouldn't happen again. PS. I am not concerned that anyone will now try to steal my van. Once they get into it, they will realize there are too many miles, too many old stale fries on the floor, and you have to keep hitting the heater with the ice scraper to keep it turned on. I am sure they will kindly return the key and find something better.

When we got home we had a nice lunch, followed by diaper changes and nap time for all 3 kids! As I was headed down the stairs for some ALONE, quiet time, I feel down the stairs. My rear hurts (which I don't get cuz there is enough padding) and my wrist and shoulder are out of whack.

I would like to request a Mulligan on this day please!

Marcie- There you have it girl! I wanted to add some more pictures for you but my camera batteries are dead. Go figure! I will try loading pictures tomorrow!

4 comments:

Beck said...

Oh no! Yes... sounds like a day for a do-over. ;\ And look out, I just might steal that van... stale fries or not, it seats more than the Jeep! :)

Marcie said...

Funny! When I asked you to update your blog I did not mean you should do something worth writing about!

Unknown said...

oh steph...i am so sorry and sadly i totally can relate. which may be a positive for me not having kids!

Joanne said...

I'm a blog late, but I experienced such a flashback when I read it, I had to share it with you. (This is Beck's Mom...one of your regular blog readers) It was a summer day when I locked myself out of the car parked in the MacDonald's parking lot on the east side of Mich. someone called the police, and an officer arrived with a metal bar that you slide in to unlatch the lock. Me to Cop,"Wow , that is cool! I buy one of these!" Cop to me......."Ma'am. That would be illegal, Ma'am.(the look on his face suddenly changes) "How do I know this is YOUR car??" Let me add afew details here. Becky is a preschooler running circles around us as her toddler sister, Megan clings to my leg. Baby Adam is a "hip monkey" and I am 8 1/2 months pregnant(!) The car we are "breaking into" is a Ford Festiva, which is smaller than the booth we just ate our lunch in inside the Golden Arches. Me to officer: " Sir, If I were going to steal a car, would this be the vehicle?" ( ...although it did have three carseats in it so might be alluring to some..) He opened the door, off we went and it was the LAST time I locked myself , or anyone else out of a car.
YOU are NOT ALONE!