Friday, July 25, 2008

I just left for a few hours... seriously!

So as most of you know, I am a mom by day and a jewelry lady by night. Last night I was headed off to the north side of Holland for a spectacular night of fun, fellowship, and jewels! I am very conscious that my dear husband sometimes has difficulty watching the girls. Mainly because he is a guy and cannot multitask like a mom can... so I had the "boobie bomb" defrosted, the pjs laid out, dinner on the table, and I had even made sure that Uncle Eric would be over to help if need be. I finished up my show, stopped at Speedway for my new addiction (Orange Cream slushy) and headed home with a few hundred bucks after a successful night. When I pulled down my street, (jamming to some Barenaked Ladies) I noticed that my mother-in-laws car was in the drive. Normally not an unusual occurrence, however, Ryan was ALONE with the girls for 3 hours.... When I walked in the door, Ryan about fell to his knees worshipping me for being home. He then explained the series of events that took place while the kids were in his command. He started by saying that dinner was a success and he even felt confident enough to bake some cookies! Impressive! Then he said, that is when all hell broke loose... he had given Lily her bottle and then placed her on our bed while he was contending with Abby. Then he heard Lily screaming and went into check on her... low and behold our dear 4 month old was laying on the floor.
NOTE TO RYAN: Dear honey, DO NOT put Lily on the bed... she can roll over and scoot her way off the bed and onto the floor. Sigh. Then Eric who was playing outside with Abby brought her in to go to the potty and then used the facilities himself. Abby apparently did not want to wait for Uncle Eric to finish his business and fled the house in criminal like quickness and let all 3 dogs out of the yard.... (Eric and Tami had their 2 dogs over to play).
Sometime during all of this Ryan's uncle Mike came by to visit.... So let's recap... Ryan, Eric, Mike. 3 men are here to contend with 2 kids... hmmm.
NOTE TO ALL MOMS: We rock!
Ryan, completely exhausted put the kids to bed and headed down the stair to just veg out on the couch until my return...But while he was walking down the stairs he fell and tumbled to the bottom landing promptly at the end of the stairs against the bookcase.
Eric worrying about what might happen next, quickly made an exit and headed home to his wife and QUITE house.
NOTE TO ERIC AND TAMI: Enjoy this time while you still can....
Generally speaking everyone came out relatively unscathed. I called the Pediatrician this morning and Lily seems to be fine. I am CERTAIN we have not seen the last of Abby doing something "naughty". Ryan is feeling a bit sore....
NOTE TO ALL BLOG READERS: I have a show again on Monday... please stand by for more stories!

2 comments:

Val said...

Oh gracious!!! I think you need to write a book!! I so know what you're going through!!! Time for a moms night out, maybe you should get a sitter though!!! ha ha, just kidding!!!

Beck said...

Hilarious. Next time I'll send Derek over with our two and we can mount hidden cameras to watch all the hilarity later over Coronas.

Boobie Bomb... priceless. I've started laying mine flat to freeze so they stack and line up in the door... what would those be called?