Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Big Star Family Vacation 2008



Finally back on line after a week at the cottage and 2 full days of getting "back into the swing of things". The week was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for better weather or better company. The Big Star family vacation continues for yet another year and added to the mix is little miss Lily Grace.... Lily was conceived on this very vacation last year (like any of you care)... But notable on how we as a family truly treasure this vacation! We sat on the beach, talked, ate, sat by the fire, went for evening boat cruises around the lake, ate ice cream and smores, laughed until our stomachs hurt (mostly because my husband was doing or saying something mildly to severely inappropriate!)






As always, Abby was the star of the week and was brave in everything she did... jumping from the boat to go swimming, riding the Seado with Daddy, hitting the waves in her tube, and fishing for her "big old bass". But for those of you who think I am over reacting for locking my daughter in her room at night here is a story that will confirm I know my daughter better than anyone... On Friday morning I woke up to a quiet cottage and went upstairs to check on my little monkey who I thought I would find fast asleep in her bed near the other kids... upon further inspection she was not there... Not really a big deal, because mom and dad take 3rd place when Aunt Tami, and JaJa are around, so I just assumed she was in their room bugging them. When I realized that she was not in either of their rooms I began to panic. I saw Abbys snuggle blanket laying on the floor next to the slider door, when I opened the door I saw Abby standing on the end of the dock!!!! In order to get to her I had to run down about 50 steps, and another 50 yards down the beach to get to her... I made it their in record time and feel to my knees to grab her. I am told that I was shooting sand "rooster tails" all along the way. Looking back, it makes me sick to my stomach to think about the what could have beens, or what ifs, but I am thankful the Lord gave me the nudge to go and check on her... after all, the cottage was quiet, what would make me think she just wasn't sleeping, why not just roll over and go back to sleep?I am truly thankful for my children and I am acutely aware of my abundant blessings! As Tami put it... the cottage will now be on LOCK DOWN!

1 comment:

Beck said...

I love all the photos... nice family shot at the top! The story of Abby on the dock gave me goosebumps... eek! Glad you all escaped another ab-venture unscathed.