Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bike riding, potty training, and other toddler activities

Yesterday was a great day... the kids and I packed a make shift lunch and headed out on the open road for a picnic and some playground time. Abby has been doing *well* keeping dry in her big girl panties and even better riding her bike. Because the day was off to a spectacular start I decided to include her new found talents into our day. About 11am, after earning a whole quarter for going pee pee on the potty, she mounted her bike and took off! I had Lily in the front pack for fear that I would be carrying Abby's bike after a block of hard core riding turned into pure exhaustion... However, she made it the whole 3 blocks and was ready to burn it up on the playground. After about 10 minutes of flying from swings to monkey bars to slides and sandboxes (she resembled a humming bird after a whole pot of coffee) she decided she had to go potty! Where would one find a restroom at a school playground? So I pulled her little panties down and leaned her up against a tree for another successful bladder emptying! YEAH! We then decided to eat our lunch of PBJ, yogurt, cookies and grapes. By this time the playground had gained another 4 kids ranging in age from 7-11. Abby stood in awe of them standing at the top of the jungle gym to observe the other humming birds. Then she took off running.... I thought ahhh, finally she is on the move again. I then realized she was headed straight for the tree where she had peed before. Uggh! What to do? I have Lily in the front pack, Abby is already clear across the playground in a full sprint, and from my previous posts, we all know that Abby does not stop on command, so I just got up and began my leisurely walk to her post. By the time I had gotten there, she had an audience of much older children and had managed to pee all over her shorts and undies. Sigh! Abby decided that she couldn't wear her wet undies and strategically placed them on her handle bars for a proper air drying... On the way home she went as fast as her little legs would go yelling, "I'm drying out my undies mom!" All in all, I would would say this outing was a WIN!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh my word..too funny. I can totally picture the undies flying in the wind. :)