Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hit the road Jack

In my attempt to get back into shape after birthing a baby precisely 5 weeks ago, the girls and I have been hitting the pavement daily. Weather permitting of course. I usually lure Abby, who would much rather be walking, in the stroller with some fruit snack and a cup of chocolate milk. Lily strapped snugly into the front pack (the extra 9+ lbs, must be good weight training), and occasionally if I am feeling extra confident I will bring the dog. Pause for a moment of visual reflection..... Stephanie walking briskly with children and dog it tow, when all of the sudden the dog begins to sniff.... he drops his back end, and you guessed it.... Now comes the challenge of trying to pick it up... remember I have Lily in the front pack. Kinda hard to bend over... then I have Abby in the stroller gagging. Most days I leave the dog home.

So on our walk yesterday we had to make some stops along the way... pharmacy, a friends to drop some jewelry off, and then to the church to vote. While casting my all important vote for school board members and airport improvement projects the strangest thing happened. I had someone ask me if that was a doll in my front pack or "a real life baby". I told her the babe in tow was in fact a real life baby. She still seemed skeptical even after Abby shouted from the front of the stroller (mouth chuck full of fruit snacks), "that's my baby sister, Willy!" To ease her fears, and to eleviate Pine Rest coming to my door to put me in a straight jacket and a padded room, I jostled Lily so she would at least make some movement or noise. The woman replied, "what a nice family" and moved on. I thought hey, that lady has one thing right we do have a nice family!

PS. I realized that my attempts to lose this extra weight by the 31st of May, might just be too much for me to handle. I actually called yesterday and was able to get another size. With that stress off my mind. I ate an elephant ear last night! :) Now that is livin'

1 comment:

Beck said...

"...Real life baby.." Priceless. You really *can't* make this stuff up! One of these days you, Abby and Willy should stop by our place...we make a great pit stop! Oh yeah, and I'm a big proponent for the baby Bjorn/ stroller combo.