Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Flooded basement and other crisis

I am sorry I have not been dilegent in keeping up with my blog, however, I do have a good excuse or 3. The greatest excuse is that I flooded my basement... yep, not a natural disaster, but rather a woman made idoitic mistake. I was frantically sorting laundry, pulling out all items that had major poop stains on them from Lily... for those moms you know what I am talking about. The nice yellow seedy poop that seems to crust over and stain the adorable tiny newborn clothes in a matter of seconds... anyway, as I came across a Oxyclean required item I would put it in the sink (water running) and sprinkle the magic dust, then continue to sort and dropping some things in the washing machine, and more into the sink.... well, one of the kids started crying (as usual when I begin a major task) and I darted up the stairs to survey the situation. Then I decided to run errands, then I decided to make lunch, then I decided to water my flowers, then I decided to put nurse and put the kids to bed..... FOUR hours later, I went down to switch out laundry and saw that I had indeed left the water in the sink on and, yep, you guessed it... I flooded our basement. Carpet, walls, vanity, storage, laundry, EVERYTHING soaking wet. The drawers in the vanity were completely full of water.... I know you are thinking what I am thinking. "You moron! How can you forget to turn the water off?" And my response... Do you have kids? Now I have 2 HUGE dehumidifiers and 4 industrial size fans in my basement trying to dry the place out.... Oh, and I am leaving for Ohio today with my 2 small kids and no clean clothes!
On a happier note... my sister in law is getting married this weekend, and Abby is the flower girl and Ryan and I are also in the wedding. Do be advised that I am STRESSING out about Abby's role.. and for those of you that know my daughter, I am sure I will have some fun things to blog about after that! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Beck said...

I can't wait to see Abby in all her spunky glory! Sorry to hear about your basement; glad to hear I'm not the only absent-minded momma out there. :)